We had been asked by Tadgh O’Driscoll of Blockage Busters in Ireland to provide a live reporting solution for his Ibak Minilite system. This has a German standard composite video out going to a BNC connector.
We built a USB video capture device that works with Ibak equipment and in fact, any CCTV camera control unit. While we were in design phase we also added waterproofing and shock proofing to the device to make it more useful to the water industry and indeed any video capture user who works outside. Features include:
- Water resistant and shockproof video capture device.
- Easy to use – capture video from any camera system; including Vivax, XTI, AM Industries, Minicam, Ibak, Ibos and Ipek. (Does not support MaxProbe units as these have no composite video out).
- Compatible with all CCTV reporting applications including Viewline and Wincan.
- Lifetime warranty (not including damage).
- Real-Time MPEG 4/2/1 encoding. Add Xvid MPEG-4 for low file size compression (free).
- Waterproof, shockproof, thermal insulation of -100 to 300 C, high insulation value.
- Composite (any composite video output) input via BNC.
- Does not include cables, these are separate as different systems require different cables.
- USB 2.0 connection.
This device connects the AV cable to your laptop via USB. Once the device driver is installed Viewline (and Wincan) will recognise this as a video input and allow rendering of the composite signal to a compressed digital file. Compression is dependant on the compressors (codecs) you have on your computer. We highly recommend the free Codec Xvid MPEG4 (we supply this), this compresses files to tiny sizes with no noticeable loss in clarity, which is well within the British and European Standard for CCTV reporting specification.