If you are having problems or are confused with Viewline’s operation please check through the following pointers:
- The Viewline reporting application software is available for download from our web site and is fully functional.
- Once downloaded and installed Viewline is in trial mode. You can open existing projects (there are some demonstration projects available) but you do not have complete access to create or edit until you have purchased a license.
- Viewline is designed for Windows operating systems (Vista, Win 7 & Win 8). XP and Vista are not supported.
- Viewline will import just about any video file but not all. There are a vast array of video file formats and your computer requires the codec for each. The easiest way of achieving this is by downloading and installing the K-Lite Mega Codec pack, this normally resolves any video issues. (This download should be clean but programs are sometimes advertising supported and may offer to install third party programs that are not required for the program to run. These may include a toolbar, changing your homepage, default search engine or other third party programs. Please watch the installation carefully to opt out).
- Viewline is not specifically designed to view DVD footage straight from your computer’s DVD player. It is designed to take a live feed from either your camera control unit or a DVD player, i.e., an external device via a USB video capture device. You will need a composite out video feed, an adapter, an AV cable and a video grabber (with drivers installed).
- It is possible to use the video files within a DVD. They are called VOB files and Viewline will import them. You will need to view the DVD files to import them.
- Viewline produces a PDF hard copy report but you will need a reader on your machine. (Adobe, Foxit, CutePDF)
- To view Live footage you need to click on the Live tab above the video window. If you cannot see your live feed then right click the video window, select Settings and select your video grabbing device from the drop down list.
- To View Video files select the Video tab.